Sunday, March 6, 2016

March 4-5 Traveling to Casablanca

Well the travel experience to Casablanca was a bit wild.  What's interesting is that the worst part of the journey was the originally scheduled 1st leg from Pittsburgh to Philadelphia.  Several unexplained delays.  Then an acknowledgement that the delays were due to maintenance issues.  Then after little communication and after a direction question to the gate agent, an acknowledgement after an hour that the plane for that leg hadn't left the originating city making the odds of making my flight from Philadelphia to Madrid astronomical.


After going to the ticket counter and spending 45 minutes talking to AA's rebooking agent, I was able to reschedule my flight to originate Friday - going through JFK and not through Philadelphia. 

I was glad I did have this issue - I found out that the first leg of my return flight had been cancelled.  Because of that, the entire return trip schedule was off.  I was able to reschedule - but will have to spend the night in Madrid.

The flights themselves were almost anticlimactic.  No issues. No excitement (except for the fact that AA gave me non-existent seats on the flight from Madrid to Casablanca - I caught that when I went to the ticket counter in Madrid just to make sure I was set).

The Madrid airport was beautiful.  It was empty - but at 6:30 in the morning, the stillness and quiet in most airports are amazing.


I finally made it to the hotel in time to meet the team for lunch, finish up the initial meetings, and then and then a trip to the world famous Rick's cafe.



Looking back at all the boarding passes - good, bad, proposed - made me realize how amazing it is sometimes that the airlines ever get it right...

Looking forward to the rest of the trip and the experience of working with the Attijariwafa Bank Foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment